Accepted authors should submit their manuscript no later than December 20, 2020.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Congratulations, your paper has been accepted for inclusion in preprint proceedings USB. It is optional to submit a manuscript. The following information is critical for your successful completion and submission of your manuscript.
If your paper is prepared only for the Preprint USB—and you are not requesting peer review, follow the preprint format.
Please use the Instructions & Guide for Preprint Manuscript Preparation as your primary reference in formatting your paper. It is neither SME's objective nor obligation to attempt consistency in the appearance of multi-author papers. Manuscripts will retain their characteristics (i.e., bullet lists, numeric outlines, quotations, etc.) as a result of each author's preference in the use of words and graphics. However, following the manuscript styles and guidelines will help in publishing proceedings in the most cost-effective and timely manner possible.
- Have you included a title?
- Have you numbered all pages beginning with page 1?
- Have you checked for errors and typos on all pages and figures?
- Have you secured clearance for presentation and publication from organizations involved in the work being reported?
- Are figures, formulas, references, graphics and tables easy to read, and the arrangement of tables well-thought and condensed?
- Is the paper formatted in accordance with official instructions and specifications provided in the SME template?
- Has "space-and-a-half" indexing been used for comfortable placement of typed equations?
- Are measuring units in accordance with SI units?
- Does the subject of the paper match your submitted abstract?
- Does the paper present innovative topics or topics that are state-of-the art in mining/minerals?
- Is the paper readable, interesting and timely?
- Does the paper demonstrate the application of the techniques described using either simulated or real problems?
- Does the conclusion of the paper comprise logical results that are following from other chapters of the paper?
Papers Requesting a Peer Review
We welcome the submission of preprint manuscripts for peer review in the SME Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (MME) journal. You can submit your manuscript to both the conference preprint proceedings USB and for peer review in the MME journal, provided it has not been previously published elsewhere. All submitted manuscripts will go through peer review by the MME Editorial Board, and accepted manuscripts are published in the journal.
To increase the chances of your manuscript being accepted for publication, write it in the form of a technical journal paper with all the elements of such a paper. Also, consider MME’s aims and scope, which are to publish high-quality original research publications, in-depth special review articles, reviews of state-of-the-art and innovative technologies and industry methodologies, communications of work of topical and emerging interest, and other works that enhance understanding on both the fundamental and practical levels.Steps to take:
- First, go to springer.com/42461 and click on “Submission guidelines” to access the Instructions for Authors.
- To submit, click on “Submit manuscript.”
There is no deadline for submissions to the journal.
WHY SUBMIT TO MME?
- Journal impact factor of 1.020, and coverage in Clarivate Analytics' Web of Science.
- Online First publication within 16-21 days of acceptance.
- No charge for publication.
- No restrictions on number of pages/figures.
- Free electronic access by all SME members.
- Extended abstract printed in Mining Engineering.
- Hybrid model, with Open Access option available.
- Expanded reach to libraries and professionals worldwide through SpringerLink.
- Abstracted and indexed in Current Contents, Science Citation Index Expanded, Scopus, Ebsco, ProQuest, Google Scholar and many more.