Accepted authors should submit their manuscript no later than November 15, 2021.
Congratulations, your paper has been accepted for inclusion in the preprint proceedings USB. It is optional to submit a manuscript. The following information is critical for your successful completion and submission of your manuscript.
If your paper is prepared only for the Preprint USB—and you are not requesting peer review, follow the preprint format.
Please use the Instructions & Guide for Preprint Manuscript Preparation as your primary reference in formatting your paper. It is neither SME's objective nor obligation to attempt consistency in the appearance of multi-author papers. Manuscripts will retain their characteristics (i.e., bullet lists, numeric outlines, quotations, etc.) as a result of each author's preference in the use of words and graphics. However, following the manuscript styles and guidelines will help in publishing proceedings in the most cost-effective and timely manner possible.
- Have you included a title?
- Have you numbered all pages beginning with page 1?
- Have you checked for errors and typos on all pages and figures?
- Have you secured clearance for presentation and publication from organizations involved in the work being reported?
- Are figures, formulas, references, graphics and tables easy to read, and the arrangement of tables well-thought and condensed?
- Is the paper formatted in accordance with official instructions and specifications provided in the SME template?
- Has "space-and-a-half" indexing been used for comfortable placement of typed equations?
- Are measuring units in accordance with SI units?
- Does the subject of the paper match your submitted abstract?
- Does the paper present innovative topics or topics that are state-of-the art in mining/minerals?
- Is the paper readable, interesting and timely?
- Does the paper demonstrate the application of the techniques described using either simulated or real problems?
- Does the conclusion of the paper comprise logical results that are following from other chapters of the paper?
Papers Requesting a Peer Review
If you also wish to submit your SME preprint manuscript for peer review in order to be considered for publication in the SME Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration journal, you may do so as well. Note that submission to the journal has to be done separately on the Springer MME portal:
- Go to springer.com/42461
- Click on “Submission guidelines” to access the Instructions for Authors
- Click on “Submit manuscript” to submit. During submission, indicate in the Author Comments box that the submission is an SME Annual Conference & Expo preprint manuscript. Add an "Acknowledgments" section to your manuscript with the following text "Data from this manuscript had been presented at the MINEXCHANGE 2022 SME Annual Conference & Expo, February 27-March 2, 2022, held in Salt Lake City, Utah." Do not say in your manuscript that it was published in a proceedings.
Once submitted to the journal, your manuscript will go through peer review by the MME Editorial Board. If it is accepted by the MME Editorial Board, it will be published in the journal. To increase the chances of your manuscript being accepted for publication, write it in the form of a technical journal paper with all the elements of such a paper (Abstract, Introduction with literature review, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusion, References), ensuring all the elements are well covered. Consider MME’s aims and scope, which are to publish high-quality original research publications, in-depth special review articles, reviews of state-of-the-art and innovative technologies and industry methodologies, communications of work of topical and emerging interest, and other works that enhance understanding on both the fundamental and practical levels.
There is no deadline for submissions to the journal. You can submit anytime.
Email Chee Theng at email@example.com if you have any questions or need any help.
WHY SUBMIT TO MME?
- Journal impact factor of 1.413, and coverage in Clarivate Analytics' Web of Science.
- Online First publication within 16-21 days of acceptance.
- No charge for publication.
- No restrictions on number of pages/figures.
- Free electronic access by all SME members.
- Extended abstract printed in Mining Engineering.
- Hybrid model, with Open Access option available.
- Expanded reach to libraries and professionals worldwide through SpringerLink.
- Abstracted and indexed in Current Contents, Science Citation Index Expanded, Scopus, Ebsco, ProQuest, Google Scholar and many more.
Thank you for supporting SME and MME!