Abstract submission is now open. Review the submission criteria and make your submission.Submit Abstract
Abstracts must be submitted using the online submission form. No emailed abstracts will be accepted.
Submitters will be notified of acceptance in September 2018.
The Program Committee is expecting many abstracts. It is, therefore, important to convey the most important points of your proposed paper within your abstract. Below we have provided the abstract review criteria to help you in determining what to include in your 100-word abstract. We welcome abstracts related to the topics below as well as other provocative, innovative topics of interest to the mining and minerals profession.
- Bulk Material Handling
- Coal & Energy
- Geology & Valuation
- Health & Safety
- Industrial Minerals & Aggregates
- Mineral & Metallurgical Processing
- Mining & Exploration
- Mining Finance
- Reflections, Challenges and Opportunities in Minerals Processing - International Symposium to Honor the 90th Birthday of Professor Douglas W. Fuerstenau
- Underground Construction Association of SME
- Do the subjects conveyed in the abstract add value to the minerals industry?
- Does the abstract convey aspects that are new, novel and/or unique?
- Is the abstract written with correct English grammar and sentence structure?
- Does the subject matter align with the conference theme or propose an interesting topic or project?
Suggested Abstract Criteria
- Does the title of the abstract reflect the subject described in the abstract?
- Does the subject of the abstract match one of the themes stated as topics?
- Is the theme of the abstract relevant and interesting for mining and minerals industry in general?
- Is the quality of the English language acceptable for publication?
Check Your Submission for Accuracy
Please check to ensure that all of your contact information, the title of your presentation and your summary are complete and correct, as they will be printed as you have submitted them. In particular, please ensure that your presentation title and abstract are not truncated due to character and word limits.
It is your responsibility to make the changes online or to send questions about submissions to SME before the deadline of August 1, 2018 so that we can still help you make the changes or input the submission on time.
- Accepted abstracts MUST present at the meeting.
- All presenters must register and pay conference fees.
Ready to Submit your Abstract Online?